All I Want for Christmas
Christmas is my favorite time of year. I MUST watch the Albert Finney musical version of the Christmas Carol, Scrooge, while I wrap presents, and I turn on the twinkling lights and plug in my Christmas trees before I pour my first cup of coffee. Anticipation of Santa coming and finding the Elf on the Shelf daily as he bounces around the house boosts the excitement of the season. I will always believe in Santa and consider myself one of his elves whenever possible.
As an elf, I want to have the kids and myself stand at a Red Kettle for Salvation Army and collect donations for those in need. I love getting gifts for an Angel Tree and wish I could see the faces as gifts are opened. I try to spread more smiles when possible. But sometimes it’s hard . . . I haven’t gotten these generous little tasks done yet and it’s already mid-December! Life sweeps by carrying me in its tornado of chaos.
My Santa Wish List:
- The resolve to get off my butt and exercise.
- Patience. As much as can be carried on your sleigh . . . please.
- A filter for the negativity that slips in periodically and pollutes the air
- Energy to play more games, make crafts, volunteer at school, and be the best mom I can be
- The power to be less of a slob.
- Time – I request more hours in the day please.
- A literary agent – that would be the best gift ever – but it involves all of the above on my list to accomplish!
- Bubble bath. I need lots of bubble baths . . .
Thank you Santa for your visits every year. Your jiggly belly and white beard makes me happy and want to be a better person.
Merry Christmas everyone!